Saturday, December 12, 2009

9 to 4 quilt

I think it was back in 2002 that I learned about cutting blocks up and rearranging the pieces. The guild had a speaker come in and talk to us about it. I went home and cut up shoo-fly blocks and 9-patch blocks. My daughter-in-law, Christi and I call this the 9 to 4 block. You make 9-patches, cut them into 4-patches and rearrange the pieces. Below is the 9-patch I started with today. At 3:14 pm today I sat down at my sewing machine and started piecing. This is what I mean by cutting the block into a 4-patch.
This is just one way to rearrange the pieces.


At 5:04pm today the top was finished. This is quilt will be a lap quilt for my mother-in-law for Christmas. I like this pattern with 3 fabrics or more. It makes a great scrappy quilt. I have one in halloween prints and Christi has one in snowman prints.





1 comment: