Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Day on the Coast -blocks

Ok, this is my next deadline. I need to have blocks and connector blocks made with these fabrics by Tuesday night. I plan to decide on at least 1 block tonight. I hope to work on this project daily until it's done. I love seasshells and the beach. I think this is going to be a beautiful donation quilt.

More Bluebonnets!

My bluebonnets are really beautiful this year. It's amazing, our hard winter didn't seem to effect them. If you have never seen a bluebonnet. This picture shows a well defined bonnet shape on a bud that has just started to bloom.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010


I love to grow bluebonnets. I've been growing them for years. It look like it's going to be another great year for them. We have gotten plenty of rain all fall and winter. I just need to get motivated to get some ending and quilting done.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

playing with a new technique

I've been wanting to try this technique. I read about it in a book and got pointers from friends. I'm also working with an online group that is trying new techniques. I heavily starched the 2 fabrics and then cut them with a rotary cutter. I wove the pieces together starting at the lower left hand corner. I used a fabric glue stick to secure the edges.
Once the piece was woven I turned it over and fused a piece of white Kona cotton on the back of it. Below you can see that the weaving process changed the look of the lighter fabric. It's a very subtle change. You can see the detail of the stitches in the shot below.

This is a shot of the stitched piece. At this point I don't know what I'm going to do with it. It might end up being the base for a small wall hanging.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Noah's quilt-finished!

This was a fun quilt to make. I thoroughly enjoyed making it. The following is a detail shot. Noah will is expected to be born in May 2010. I had this adorable ark fabric and decided to use it for the focus fabric in his quilt. The ark was fairly large on the fabric and I decided to use this technique. I had read about on the net. The top went together quickly.

Last, is a shot of the label!