Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Jelly Roll Race Quilt


I cut 40 2 1/2" strips from my butterfly fabric collection last night. Today I started piecing them together. This is a very interesting quilt. Once you sew all the strips together into 1 long strip you only sew 5 seams to get a finished quilt. The first seam took 40 minutes and I had a lot of interuptions. The second seam took 20 minutes and the third seam took 10 minutes. The fourth seam took 5 minutes and the fifth seam took 3 minutes.


I'll try to get a better picture of the top after I've pressed it. It was fun and I'm sure I'll make another one.

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping to try one of these in a couple of months. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get my mind around how it all comes together but it sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really easy
    there are 2 things you need to remember
    don't twist the strip
    and
    cut part of the 1st strip off
    if you remember to do both of those things
    it'll be easy
    and it's a lot of fun
    I'm hoping to make another one soon

    ReplyDelete