Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earthday

This is a picture of the containers that get dropped at the park n ride each Friday for recycling.
We can recycle plastics 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 7 at this center. This pictures shows the plastics collected from 3 house holds for several weeks.

We don't have a lot of glass to recycle but, when we fill up a couple of buckets I take them to the local recycling center.






In honor of Earthday, I have started my recycling post today. We recycle everything we can around here. It's fairly to get rid of paper/postboard/cardboard products here.




In 2008 I read that 1/3 of the waste in landfills is from packaging. I was shocked and we (our grown sons are also into this) started recycling again. This picture was taken in a local library parking lot. I use an empty bolt from fabric to hold the container open so I can dispose of the paper/postboard/cardboard products more easily. In our area you can find these containers at all the county libraries parking lots, all the school parking lots and most church parking lots.




I collect until my containers get full and then dispose when I'm at the library anyway.




All our junk mail, newspapers, cereal boxes, jar labels, can labels, and cardboard boxes are recycled this way.




No comments:

Post a Comment