Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Leaves


I read about a leaf project on http://www.internationalfibercollaborative.com/html/treeproject.html. I thought it would be fun, so I started collecting fabrics and ideas. I started with 3 fabrics and cut them into strips. I pieced the strips together and quilted them on my quilter. I quilted hearts and whirling loops on the piece. I cut out leaves in various shapes and stitches. This was a lot of FUN! The first leaf I made was used as a decoration on a birthday present for a friend today. I was inspired to use green fleece instead of batting for the color and piece my leaves pieced down the middle by Tom Russell. I saw some leaves he had on one of his quilts and I really liked the effect. I finished the leaves today and they're on their way to Alabama!
Happy Quilting! Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment