Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quilt-Wednesday in the Garden-Bud Watch

This is the charity quilt that I have just finished. The top was sent to me, I quilt it and bound it. It's for a woman with cancer. Her friends and family will sign the hearts. This Wednesday in the garden, the tomatoes and purple hull peas are doing well. We need taller stakes for the tomatoes. A few of the tomato plants are over 5 feet tall.
We love purple hull peas. This is the 1st time we have tried to grow them.



I counted 22 tomatoes yesterday.


The following pictures are of the buds I'm watching. These are hybrid hibiscus plants that I have grown from seeds. I got them from Sonny in Maryland. I've had a lot of problems with bud drop this year. I'm hoping these three will bloom soon.



















No comments:

Post a Comment