Thursday, February 18, 2010

Label day!

These 3 quilts are officially done! This an ABC quilt for baby boy Alley. It was made with a panel that was given to me. I love the way this quilt turned out. I decided to make these labels with the printer. I found the cutest font in Word and used it on all the labels. I framed the label with leftover binding and hand stitched the label down.
This is a jungle panel challenge quilt., it's another quilt for baby boy Alley. The top was made with a panel and 3 other fabrics. I cut the borders off the panel (see the backing for the panel) and then cut the top into squares. I cut squares from 2 coordinating tone on tone prints. I made 9 patches with the squares. Then I cut the 9-patches into 4 pieces. I rearranged the 4 pieces and pieced them back together. I needed more fabric to completet he top so I cut larger squares from a print that coordinated with the panel. I staggered the largers squares and added a border of pieces all around. This was a FUN quilt to make!


This is the back with a strips added from a coordinating border print.




This is the label.

Shooting Stars is a FUN quilt! Several years ago we have a guild block of the month that was this design. The block of the month was just a block with the quilt below all the stars are pieced together in one large design. The background fabric is an adorable light pink with small birds all over it. I found 2 tone on tone fabrics that coordinated with the birds. This was a fun, quick quilt to make.




This is the label. Baby Brown will be born in mid March. She will be the 3rd grandchild of a good friend of mine.











No comments:

Post a Comment