Sunday, September 20, 2009

latest work/retreat weekend

YEAH! The top is DONE! I really enjoyed this quilt and it's mine! I've made several of these quilts and have given all of them away. Now I just need to quilt it! I took all of the leftovers from the top and make the backing. This is the 1st scrappy backing I have ever made. The binding will be the strip on the right.

These blocks are FUN! I started making these blocks to see if I liked making them. I was planning to use the top for a baby quilt but, I may end up keeping it. This is a work in progress. I haven't decided if it needs more blocks or not.

I bought the Ricky Tims Convergence Quilts book in 2003 and the quilt really didn't appeal to me at that time. A few years later I decided I wanted to make the quilt and I was thinking about the fabrics. I was given these fabrics and I knew that they would be perfect for this quilt. I decided to make this a challenge to myself. I had to use all 7 fabrics. I had hoped to have enough scraps leftover for the backing but, that didn't work out. Now I just need to decide on a backing and get the top quilted.





1 comment:

  1. Looks like the retreat was a success judged by all the beautiful photos! Love that you used what you had from a project that you didn't want to do to make something more to your liking. That's an encouragement!

    ReplyDelete