Wednesday, September 30, 2009


I like to do puzzles. This is the biggest one I've done so far. I started it Sunday evening. The following photo was taken about 9 pm on Tuesday.
This is the background for an applique practice piece. I'm trying to come up with a technique for a quilt I'm piecing. The following photo is of the applique and quilting I did last night. The last flower has faced petals. It was a lot of work and difficult to attach to the quilt. The seam allowance bulk got in the way. The stems are bias. Some of the edges were straight and some were cut with a rick-rack rotary blade. I'm planning to use some other techniques on the lower section of the quilt. I plan to wash the piece several times to see how it holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment