Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lucille's Friendship Quilt

I should have taken more pictures when I was working on this quilt last week. I wasn't totally sure how the blocks were going to go together until they were on the floor Thursday morning. That morning I was waiting for the last block to arrive, I laid the blocks out. The blocks were about half light background and half medium to dark background. I decided to go with a negative positive effect. I started with the black first. The blocks were trimmed (if necessary) square, strips were added and then the blocks were trimmed to 16 1/2" square. The top was pieced Thursday and quilted Thursday night. The binding was done over the weekend. The label was done with reverse applique. The cut out was the shape of a heart. The theme of the quilt was lady bugs. The white background fabric has lady bugs on it. The black is a stripe. The backing is hearts with a black background. The following picture is of the quilt after it was quilted. I forgot to get a picture of it with the binding. I used the leftover backing fabric for the binding. I took the quilt to Lucille today. She was meeting with her bee in Dayton. It was really good to see her. She was thrilled with the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment