Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sharpie Experiment

This is my 1st Sharpie experiment. There was a post on the quiltart list earlier this week about using Sharpie markers on t-shirts. I do not remember the name of the original poster. The idea got me to thinking and I had some time to spare yesterday. The following is the first piece of muslin with designs drawn on it. Then I got to thinking about a 2nd piece. Tie dye came to mine. I folded the piece for tie dye and applied Sharpie markers to it.
This is the tie dye piece a few hours after the 1st alcohol spraying. I decided to spray it again, this time while open.

The following is the results (not pressed) of the experiment. It was fun and I know I will try it again

1 comment:

  1. Found it Debbie, my problem, I didn't go far enough down.
    Again, I want to say I think this not only looks good, looks like fun.
    Keep having fun and let us see, too... haha